Come celebrate the return of a million sockeye salmon to their spawning grounds on the beautiful Horsefly River.
2015 Horsefly River Salmon Festival
Saturday September 26 & Sunday September 27, BC Rivers Day
The Horsefly River Roundtable would like to invite you and your family to join our community September 26 & 27, 2015 for the annual Horsefly River Salmon Festival. Come and celebrate with us the return of sockeye salmon to their spawning grounds on the beautiful Horsefly River.
A diverse schedule of activities is planned:
- Talk with knowledgeable local River Interpreters who will be on hand to answer your watershed questions all weekend long
- Visit DFO information kiosks and representatives, to learn about the Horsefly Sockeye run
- Take part in fishy Arts & Crafts for children of all ages, and take part in Gyotaku — traditional Japanese fish painting
- Follow our fully accessible Horsefly Salmon Habitat Trail to the Spawning channels and learn more about this wonder of the natural world.
- Participate in fish dissection to find out more about the inner workings of sockeye salmon
- Enjoy tasty bannock provided by Cody William
- Stay tuned for more activities and events as they get confirmed…
Come and join us as we celebrate the return of the
Several years ago TLC took part in a funding campaign to support salmon habitat protection in the Upper Horsefly River. Please note that this post is NOT part of a current campaign. We just felt it was time to share this around again.
Give this salmon a round of applause!
Have you ever seen a river red with Salmon?
Horsefly River Roundtable, Central Cariboo Arts & Culture Society, Pacific Salmon Foundation, Heritage Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada and