Membership consists of interested members of the Horsefly community, and industries and government agencies that operate in the area, including forest licensees.
A Non-Profit Society incorporated in the province of British Columbia in 2007
The area of interest represents those connected with the community of Horsefly, and includes the Horsefly River Watershed, and Beaver Valley.
Monthly meetings are be held from 7-9pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month. No meetings planned for July and August.
- ecosystem health, including hydrology, fish and fish habitat
- knowledge and appreciation of natural history
- viewscapes and aesthetics
- recreational tubing on the rive - pollution, safety
- education of those outside the roundtable
- water stewardship - quantity and quality
- Community voice
- economic, environmental and social opportunities and issues
- communication with government agencies, industry, and other organizations
- education of the roundtable members
- Industrial development
- logging and trucking
- road development and access
- mining, mineral exploration, and placer mine reserve on the Horsefly River
- hydroelectric production
- Cariboo Chilcotin Land Use Plan, Horsefly Sustainable Resource Management Plan
- settlement planning and access
- other plans
- Ranching and private land
- erosion issues on the Horsefly and Moffat mainstems
Short term goals (less than 2 years)
- Identify and plan for a hands-on project that produces a tangible result
- Education of the community and roundtable members
Medium term goals (2 to 5 years)
- Implement the hands-on projects identified under short term goals
- Develop an action plan for the area
Long term goals (greater than 5 years)
- Develop a management plan for the area
Please use the tabs above to get directly to your theme of interest.